Saturday, October 21, 2006

Following up

In my blog of August 4 I criticized Amnesty International for using telemarketing firms and their abuse of their relationship with me to have them call me "on their behalf". My response was to send a note saying that they don't get a contribution from me this year because they wasted what I gave them on the telemarketers. Yesterday I got a similar call from CARE - thus, CARE gets added to my no contribution list. Unfortunately, I think I will have to enclose a note with all of my charitable contributions that because of abuse by some of the recipients, I am letting them know that they do not have my approval to have telemarketing firms call me.

In my blog of October 6 I mentioned the trend of airlines not providing meals on flights. I just recently took a trip and was appalled at how the vendors at the Honolulu and San Francisco airports jacked up the prices on their food wrapped for takeout. The prices were so high that I decided to buy the food on the airplane. They actually are slowly improving the meals and it looks like they put a ceiling of about $5 for a sandwich with chips or other side snack. They still give beverage service and movies have been free (no charge for headsets). My main criticism of the roast beef sandwich was that they put the horseradish in it, and not in a packet on the side - blech!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home